All submissions are to be submitted electronically through website no later than 31st January 2018 (the competition is now CLOSED).
A monetary prize of £1,500 will be awarded to the successful submission in each category. In addition, a flat roof window will also be awarded for use on a future project.
The programme, which may be subject to variation, is:
08 December 2017
31 January 2018
Deadline for submission entries by Designers.
2 March 2018
Notification of shortlisting
2 March 2018
Online voting opens
21 March 2018
Final decision and successful candidates announced
The winners in each category will be announced on Friday 2 March 2018.
Copyright will be in accordance with the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended). The ownership of copyright is vested in the author. However, submitting parties are required to permit the use of their design for any promotion, exhibition or PR endeavour relating to this competition undertaken by Royal Incorporation of Architects in Scotland.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations 2018)
- Designers/practices will be required to sign a disclaimer that they have gained the necessary permissions to enter the compet Velux retain the right to use entries to promote the competition.
- Velux will contact individual Designers/practices to obtain/agree permission for any use in addition to this.
- Designers/practices must agree to full terms and conditions to allow submission to be entered.
- A questions and answer forum will be available through the microsite portal for public viewing.
- All winners are subject to the judges final decision.
- All applicants can request a copy of their scores at Stage 1 via the portal when the shortlist is announced.
- Finalists will also be provided with a copy of the public vote results once the successful candidate has been announced